A gift is given with the intention of honoring people. It is given to people we are close to, our friends or our loved ones.
It is also considered as a token of appreciation for people who have supported, helped, been there for us.
It’s an ancient practice followed since time immemorial.
- According to the Bible,“ Just as you excel in everything, see that you also excel in the grace of giving” (Paul Corinthians)
- In Islam, People are encouraged to give and receive as that will increase love between one another (Prophet Muhammad).
- In Hinduism, “A gift that is given without any expectation of appreciation or reward is beneficial to both giver and recipient.” (Bhagavad Gita).
- Buddha describes one of the central practices of Buddhism as “Dana”- “giving”
The art of giving gifts is also embedded in all cultures during celebrations, festivals, and occasions.
In short, it is a brand ambassador of goodwill and goodness across time, religion, and cultures.
And what better can you gift someone than the gift of health? Given the way our sedentary lifestyle has been hurting our body, an ergonomic gift can be a push in the right direction.
What is an Ergonomic Gift?
An ergonomic gift can be an ergonomic item to your loved ones that will help them get a better balance between their physical and physiological products.
It is a great idea to give our loved one’s items that will be useful for them ergonomically.
10 Best Ergonomic Gift Ideas
Here I am listing top 10 ergonomic gift ideas across ages and professions.
Now let’s have a look at the detailed reviews of each of the ergonomic gift covered in this article.
Backrest Cushion with Memory Foam
Whether our loved ones sit in the drawing room watching tv or simply relaxing on thee the sofa or driving, this backrest cushion will be an ideal ergonomic gift.
It will support the back and maintain the natural curve of the spine, thereby helping it maintain an ergonomic posture.
It extends from the base of the spine to midpoint of the back. It improves spinal alignment and posture.
Reduces stress and fatigue. It will help alleviate back pain problems. We can gift to any adult or teenager or elderly.
- COMFORTABLE RELIEF FROM BACK PAIN AND STIFFNESS: Cushioning the...
- CONTOURED FOR EXCEPTIONAL SUPPORT: Providing targeted support for...
- RESILIENT FOAM CUSHIONING: Constructed with a resilient foam, the...
It is an ideal gift for loved ones for them to sleep comfortably.
It contours according to the shape of the body thereby providing relief to major pressure points on the spine.
The ergonomic pillow also gets contoured to the knees and can be kept in between the knees for better and sound sleep.
These ergonomic pillows are not only for neck and back pain people but they are used to reduce strain everywhere.
An ergonomic pillow distributes body and head weight evenly across the pillow and down the spine. It automatically changes shape in order to adapt to different positions that are shifted to during the night.
It fits the curve of the neck and fills the gap between neck and shoulder.
- BED PILLOW: This pillow for neck pain provides therapeutic...
- MEMORY FOAM: The therapeutic design of this memory foam contour...
- COMFORT & SUPPORT: Choose between the higher and lower contours...
Ergonomic Baby Carrier
For the 4-5 months old parents among our loved ones, this is a wonderful ergonomic gift.
Posture is very important while carrying babies. Strain and sprain are very common issues that arise while carrying babies for both the parents and the infant.
It takes care of the comfort of the baby, his/her posture, as well as supporting their hips. It protects the delicate spine of the infant.
The wearer also feels comfortable as it takes the weight off the spine and transfers to the hips for a comfortable fit.
Research says it increases bonding and milk production by releasing hormones due to mother and baby close contact
It is great for a baby with reflux as we don’t have to hold the baby upright while sitting on the couch after feeding to prevent reflux.
As gravity helps contents stay in the stomach where they belong, one can put the baby in a carrier and it will stay upright even in sleep. This will prevent reflux.
- Great value for a great price, Carriers children from 12-40 lbs...
- Great Baby Carrier for Dad and Mom with adjustable straps that...
- Includes a removable canopy hood that is a great way to protect...
Ergonomic Kitchen Tools
As ergonomics deals with natural science in relation to our appliances, kitchen appliances are the ones most used by our loved ones.
The appliances which we grip and use are ergonomically designed to minimize pressure on the wrists and hands.
Ergonomic knife, ergonomic scissors, ergonomic spatulas, graters, can openers, peelers, cutters etc are a good choice.
The efficiency of the worker increases, especially for those with bone and joint aches.
The handles are non-slip and position the hand in a neutral posture. It ensures a good grip and smooth working.
We are spoilt for choices online and can choose from a variety of kitchen tools manufactured ergonomically.
Below are some useful ergonomic kitchen tools that you can consider gifting.
Ergonomic Garden Tools
Those of our loved ones who garden a lot, this gift can make gardening a fun and enjoyable activity for them.
A straight wrist position allows the force to be transmitted through the wrist and into the tool with minimal strain, increasing digging strength.
It works well for both right and left-hand users. They decrease the amount of effort and time in gardening.
Ergonomic handle allows one to twist inside the soil with minimal damage to the wrists.
Besides causing less strain, they are angled to improve ease of use and help in natural body alignment.
- This award-winning garden bundle includes an ergonomic Trowel,...
- Ultra-lightweight, die-cast aluminum blades are stronger than...
- Patented ergonomic Natural Radius Grip provides extra leverage,...
Ergonomic Study Chair and Table for Kids
The best gift kids can get is an ergonomic study chair and table. The primary concern with children is whether whatever we give them to use is going to adapt to them.
This gift is a winner in that primary concern. This ergonomic furniture adapts according to them.
It ensures kids feel relaxed and helps them concentrate.
It prevents postural damage, headache, and backache.
The chair encourages dynamic positions while making sure the chair won’t tip back.
The table tilt can be adjusted according to the comfort of the child. The recommended tilt for children is 30 degree for reading.
- Ergonomically designed and height adjustable to avoid unhealthy...
- Desk and chair have solid steel frames for support
- 1" desk tilt stoppers prevent hands from being pinched
Anti Fatigue Mat (Comfort Mat) for Bathroom/ Kitchen
As ergonomics is the science of making work fit the worker, standing in front of the stove or washbasins can be a strenuous activity.
As we want to give our loved ones, comfort and ease, what better way than to invest in an anti-fatigue or comfort mat for bathrooms and kitchens.
According to scientific data, standing for long periods can cause stress and fatigue.
Anti-fatigue mats are designed to reduce foot and lower limb stress and fatigue.
By reducing stress on the joint and muscle, they allow blood to flow more evenly throughout the legs and feet.
It helps maintain good posture due to the balance evenly spread on both the feet. It gives a firm support to legs and spine.
Plus being anti slippery, it will prevent slipping accidents especially when one works around slippery sinks in the bathroom and kitchen.
- #COMFORTABLE: Our Sky Core Foam is the perfect blend of support...
- #SAFE: Advanced beveled edge and super non-slip bottom to prevent...
- #ECO-FRIENDLY: Highest quality materials with NO toxic...
Ergonomic Bags and School Bags
Remember ergonomics is just not for offices but anything of personal use can be designed ergonomically for comfort and ease.
School bags, office bags, laptop bags all are being designed ergonomically.
One can select from a large range of bags from school bags to office goers bag as well as overnight stay bags.
It reduces pressure on the spine and shoulders and transfers the weight to the ground through wheels.
Any type of design will put some amount of weight on the body. To help reduce strain and stress, these bags are designed for maximum comfort and minimal damage to the body.
There are some other designs as well which transfer the weight from the shoulders to the pelvic area. A belt is fastened around the pelvic area for support.
- Checkpoint-Friendly Split design separates laptop from...
- Screen Size Designed to fit 15.4-inch widescreen laptops
- Protection Padded laptop section
Ergonomic Laptop Table Stand
Most of the people have a laptop at home. To help our loved ones use it comfortably we can gift them a good laptop table stand.
The best part is that it can be used in bed or on any surface.
Placing the laptop in this, one can adjust height and tilt accordingly.
Its ergonomic design ensures minimum pressure on the joints and muscles of the wrist, hand, neck, shoulders, and back.
It will also reduce screen glare by helping position the angles. This will reduce eye strain and headaches.
It will also keep the laptop cooler due to inbuilt fan underneath.
- Very lightweight - 2,2Lbs (1 kg), made of high quality aluminum...
- Adjustable height from 1,5X19 Inch (4 to 48cm). Ideal for laptops...
- Stopper to hold the laptop at any angle. Table size 10X16,5 Inch...
Ergonomic Bluetooth Headset
We are living in an age where every individual carries a phone.
The best way to speak without craning the neck or adjusting the phone to our ears ( which can be harmful) is to gift a Bluetooth headset to our loved ones.
This way they can speak for hours without holding the phone which can cause stress and strain to the joints and muscles.
Being handsfree, one can use it while jogging, cycling, traveling or commuting.
- RF Range: 10m
- Stereo Audio: APTX
- Bluetooth Profile: HFP1.6, HSP1.2, AVRCP1.4, A2DP1.2
There are so many other thoughtful gift ideas for our loved ones.
Some More Ergonomic Gift Ideas
Below are some more thoughtful ergonomic gifts ideas:
- Travel neck pillow
- Ergonomic broom, and wipers
- Portable Ergonomic chair portable
- Portable hang on stands
- Portable stand up desks
- Video game glasses
- Pet grooming kit
- Ergonomic mattresses
- Tambourine for kids
- Nose hair trimmer
- Red Wine bottle open
Happy Ergonomic gift shopping!
You May Also Like the Following Articles: