Ergonomic mechanical keyboards have become quite popular among office workers and even gamers.
Apart from the clickity sound it makes, what makes mechanical keyboards useful is that these are meant for high-duty usage. These are lot more robust and responsive as compared with the regular keyboards.
If you’re reading this article, I will not be wrong in assuming that you’re looking for the best ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
So let me not waste any time and give you the top three ergonomic mechanical keyboard. Later, I cover the 10 best mechanical keyboards with a detailed review of each keyboard.
Our Pick – Top 3 Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard
In case you’re in a hurry, here are my top three recommendations for the best ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
Still confused about which ergonomic mechanical keyboard is best for you?
Let me help by providing detailed reviews on the best ergonomic mechanical keyboard that I found in the market (and the ones you can buy online).
These reviews will definitely help you gain awareness and understanding of the best features, pros, and cons of each ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
Let’s get started!
Best Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard Reviewed
Below is the table that shows all the ergonomic mechanical keyboards covered in this review.
Now let’s have a look at the detailed reviews of each of the ergonomic mechanical keyboard covered in this article.
KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard
- ERGONOMIC SPLIT DESIGN FOR TYPING AND GAMING: Move the right...
- 100% MECHANICAL SWITCHES FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE: Genuine Cherry...
- IMMERSIVE RGB LIGHTING FOR A CUSTOM LOOK: 16.8M color per-key RGB...
This ergonomic mechanical keyboard has been designed keeping the needs and wants of gamers in mind. The versatile split design allows the user to move the right half of the keyboard and make space for the mouse. This allows for enhanced endurance and precise aiming during the game, giving you an edge over your competitors.
Apart from that, this gaming keyboard gives you the freedom to configure your setup however you want. For instance, you can place the microphone between the two key modules for the ideal sound.
You can also position the joystick between the key modules for ideal access to different keys and the joystick. In short, this ergonomic mechanical keyboard can help you stay at the top of your game in every way!
- Split design with two key modules
- Immersive RGB lighting – 16.8 M color/key
- Premium quality mechanical switches – Cherry MX Brown mechanical switches
- Completely programmable
- Highly compatible – plug-and-play
- First-class palm pads
Redragon K552 Ergonomic Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl...
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19...
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards...
Redragon K552 is another mechanical gaming keyboard. However, it is equally good to be used for everyday use if you enjoy working with a mechanical keyboard. There are 87 plate-mounted keys.
The metal construction of the keys and double-shot injected molded keycaps guarantees durability. Furthermore, high-end mechanical switches are employed to enhance the comfort of the user and the overall feel of using the keyboard.
- 87 conflict-free keys and 12 multimedia keys
- Outemu Blue Key Switches
- Spill-resistant design
- Double shot keycaps
- Gold-plated USB connector
- Backlight with adjustable brightness
Havit RGB Ergonomic Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The smooth feel and compact design of Havit RGB Mechanical gaming Keyboard make it famous in the world of gaming. The 6 programmable keys make it ideal to execute complex commands and gain a competitive edge over other plays.
With 110 anti-ghosting Blue Switch keys, this keyboard is comfortable and durable. The detachable wrist rests prevents wrist strain caused by excessive keyboards.
Apart from that, the keyboard has a high aesthetic appeal. There are 5 different editable game light mode groups and 14 different LED backlight. You can also install the Backlit Keyboard Software to access and define millions of combinations for the keyboard backlight.
- Programmable backlight feature with 14 modes
- Easy and convenient media control
- Allows for macro recording
- Allows for backlight recording
- Multiple USB ports
- 50 million clicks life
VELOCIFIRE TKL02 Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard
- MUST HAVE- Velocifire mechanical keyboard is designed for...
- Durable Brown Switch - Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for...
- TENKEY-LESS - A TKL keyboard is suitble for a programmer. It...
Velocifire mechanical keyboard has been designed for users who spend hours after hours on their computers. This makes it a great option for programmers, copywriters, editors, etc. Brown switches are used to reduce the noise, making these mechanical keyboards much quieter than keyboards with Blue switch keyboards.
The keyboard is slightly curved due to its ergonomic design. This creates a slight arc on which you can fit your hands perfectly. As a result, you can avoid excessive wrist strain even after hours of continuous use of the keyboard.
The keystroke accuracy is high, allowing for easy and fast typing. Cherry on the top – legends are integrated into the keyboard, which ensures long-lasting imprint. In short, this ergonomic is perfect for long time typing.
- Double-shot mold keycaps
- Tenkey less – standard layout without the numeric keys
- Durable Brown Switch
KLIM Lightning Gaming Keyboard - Semi Mechanical
- ✅ AN INVESTMENT. How much time do you spend each day typing on...
- ✅ LIGHTNING. Lightning is a semi-mechanical keyboard (also...
- ✅ PERFECT TYPING. People who switch over to a mechanical or...
KLIM Lightning is a hybrid keyboard that is perfect for gamers who are looking to strike the perfect balance between mechanical keyboards and membrane keyboards.
The keyboard features semi-mechanical keys that allow for enhanced comfort while gaming and exceptional responsiveness associated with mechanical keyboards. At the same time, you can enjoy noiseless keyboard operation and play peacefully.
In simple words, this hybrid keyboard provides the best of both worlds by combining the best features of mechanical and membrane keyboards.
This is why KLIM Lightning is a great option for people who want to increase their typing speed. Apart from that, the keyboard has a metal structure that ensures durability.
- Anti-ghosting technology
- Breathing effect which changes backlighting colors automatically
- Heavy to avoid slippage or shaking (1 kg)
- Easy and direct configuration through the keyboard
- Reinforced braided cable
- Anti-scratch protection
Fnatic Streak - LED Backlit Full RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
If you are looking for a sleek and beautiful mechanical gaming keyboard, Fnatic Streak is the right choice for you. With a 28mm profile, this keyboard is slim and aesthetically appealing yet powerful.
Keep in mind that lightweight keyboards often lead to slippage or shaking while working or typing. However, this is not the case with Fnatic Streak. This keyboard has been designed to provide a firm grip through the placement of rubber rests at the bottom and large side flip-able feet.
Another great thing about this keyboard is that despite its lightweight, it has been designed to be sturdy and durable. It has ab anodized metal top plate which makes it tough and perfect to be used for gaming.
- Magnetic signature plate
- Competition mode
- LED Backlit Full RGB
- Cherry MX Silent Red Switches
- Ergonomic Wrist Rest
- Premium Pro E-sports Gaming Design
- USB pass-through port
- FULL RGB BACKLIGHTING - our STREAK mechanical keyboard’s LED...
- PREMIUM CHERRY MX SILENT RED KEYSWITCHES - Our CHERRY MX...
- PREMIUM COMFORT AND DURABILITY - Our razor thin 28mm profile...
Freestyle Pro Ergonomic Keyboard (Mechanical, Programmable, Adjustable)
- Award-winning split design: advanced ergonomics for all body...
- Genuine Cherry mechanical switches for premium typing feel and...
- Full onboard programmability with the Driverless SmartSet engine:...
With 8 office hotkeys, 9 custom layouts, one-touch key remapping, and the SmartSet App Graphical User Interface, Freestyle Pro Ergonomic Keyboard is all about providing ease of use and convenience to the users. This aesthetically appealing ergonomic mechanical keyboard utilizes genuine Cherry Mechanical Switches, which enhances the feel using the keyboard.
The split design makes it easier to set up your station however you want. It also allows for easy control and improved accessibility. The 20” separation cable can be stored in the cable storage compartment when you are not using it.
You can even buy tenting accessories that are sold separately to take the experience of using an ergonomic mechanical keyboard to the next level.
- Features Cherry Mechanical Switches
- Compatible with all major OS (Windows 1-10, Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome)
- Pre-configured Dvorak and Mac layouts
- 4MB flash memory to save settings
- On-board programmability
Retro RGB Mechanical Keyboard
- ❤ Vintage Typewriter Style ▶ Unique round keycaps with a...
- ❤ Blue Switches ▶ Custom mechanical switches designed for...
- ❤ Anti-ghosting 81 Keys, N-key rollover ▶ Allowing multi-keys...
Retro RGB Mechanical Keyboard is one of the kind. With round keycaps, the keys are unique and take the aesthetic appeal of the keyboard to the next level. Furthermore, the eye-catching floating-key design works to add a nostalgic touch to the appearance of the keyboard. Tactile and light brown switches are used in this keyboard.
These mechanical switches are designed for durability. They are perfect to be used for long and tiring sessions of gaming. Keep in mind that these brown switches may be quieter than blue switches. However, they still make some noise and are generally louder than red switches.
The keyboard boasts 81 anti-ghosting keys. It also allows multi-keys to work at the same time. It also comes with 10 preset modes of RGB backlighting and different color-flashing speeds.
On top of that, Double-shot injection molded keycaps work to deliver clear and uniform backlighting. It also makes the keyboard highly durable. ABS and metal used in the construction also work to make the keyboard sturdy and tough.
- E-Element Z-88 Vintage Typewriter-Style with Blue Switch
- LED Backlit
- Compact 81 Keys
- Anti-Ghosting for Mac PC
- Custom mechanical switches
- Removable and replaceable USB cable
Velocifire Tenkeyless Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard Mini
- MUST HAVE- Velocifire mechanical keyboard is designed for...
- Durable Brown Switch- Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for...
- Compact Design- The compact mechanical keyboard helps save...
This mini keyboard will give you all the space you need on your workstation. The keyboard has a compact layout and concise design that works perfectly for people who spend hours typing away at their keyboards.
It leaves plenty of space for the mouse, making sure you don’t have to reach out for it every time you need to move the cursor on the screen. With its 78-keys compact layout, Velocifire Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard Mini is designed to be used for hours without causing wrist strain.
Owing to the ergonomic style of the keyboard, the keys are slightly curved to fit perfectly underneath your hand and help maintain a natural position.
Genuine brown switches are used in Velocifire Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard Mini. This makes it quieter than blue switch. However, it is important to keep in mind that the keyboard is not silent. It still produces more noise than an ordinary membrane keyboard.
- 78-Key Compact Ergonomic
- Outemu Brown Switches
- Backlit and Double-Shot ABS Keycaps
- Low-noise switches
- Anti-ghosting technology
SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL Compact Ergonomic Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Tactile Brown Switches: Guaranteed for 50 million keypresses,...
- OLED Smart Display: An integrated command center for adjusting...
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy: Built for a lifetime of...
Available in multiple styles and switches, this gaming keyboard boasts many wonderful features.
You can choose the ones you like the best. It comes with an integrated command center that allows you to adjust settings and track information during the game. It also includes a premium quality magnetic wrist rest which provides a comfortable feel and maximum palm support.
- OLED Smart Display (integrated command center)
- USB Passthrough
- Media Controls
- RGB Backlit
What is an Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard?
A mechanical keyboard can be defined as the better version of an ordinary keyboard. These keyboards use physical switches which are placed under every key to record key depression sequence.
This means that every time you press a key on a mechanical keyboard, a mechanical switch is triggered. It bounces back quickly to return the key to its original position. Ordinary keyboards, on the other hand, use a rubber dome under the keys to record the depressions.
In simple words, key construction, working mechanism, framing, and functionality of mechanical keyboards are far superior to their ordinary counterparts. Most of these enhanced features boil down to one thing – feel. Mechanical keyboards simply feel good!
However, this may not be sufficient for some people, especially those who regularly work on their computers for hours. This where ergonomic mechanical keyboards come in!
These keyboards are designed to take the comfort of typing on a keyword to the next level. In addition, they are designed to increase efficiency and may help you improve your performance at work.
Things to Keep in Mind While Buying an Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard
Now that you know about some of the top ergonomic mechanical keyboards, let’s take a look at some factors that can help you make the final decision about which product will work best for you!
Noise and Switch
One of the most important things that you must consider while buying an ergonomic mechanical keyboard is noise. Some people enjoy the sound of each key depression, others may find it annoying.
The loudness of sound produced generally depends on the type of switch used in the keyboard. Therefore, it is important to know about different switches.
N-key rollover feature allows you to press multiple keys at the same time. This is an important feature, especially for gamers. However, not all ergonomic mechanical keyboards may have it.
This is why if you want to have this feature in your keyboard, make sure you look for it before buying your new ergonomic mechanical keyboard.
Ergonomic mechanical keyboards are all about the feel and ease of typing. This is perhaps the most important thing that you should look for in a mechanical keyboard.
The keys should be easy to press without applying much pressure. It should not feel mushy or wobbly when you press the keys.
An ergonomic mechanical keyboard is almost useless if it does not feel comfortable to type on it. The entire point of opting for an ergonomic keyboard is to use it without worrying about wrist strain. Therefore, before you invest in a new keyboard, make sure it is comfortable and feels right.
Investing in an ergonomic mechanical keyboard can be one of the best decisions that you make. This is especially true for people who spend the most part of their day typing or gaming. So, what are you waiting for? Invest in an ergonomic mechanical keyboard today and take your typing and gaming experience to the next level!
You may also like the following articles/reviews:
- Typing Ergonomics: 7 Tips to Avoid Injuries While Working
- How to make a mechanical keyboard quieter?
- Best Ergonomic Keyboards for Small Hands
- Best Ergonomic Keyboard with Trackball
- Best Backlit Ergonomic Keyboards: Buyers Guide
- Best Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard: Buyers Guide
- Best Ergonomic Keyboard Trays
- How to Clean a Mechanical Keyboard